Proceeds to benefit accelerate brain cancer cure

 

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy New Year 2014!

Justin and our family want to wish everyone a happy and healthy New Year. May 2014 be a great year for all. Justin had some exciting news on the soccer front. As mentioned in my last blog Justin and his team was going to play in the IMG Soccer Tournament which is one of the best and most competitive soccer tournaments in the world. They played 4 games and Justin got to play the whole second half of the last game. That was the only game they won which was 1-0 and Justin had the assist to the goal. I was on the phone with Audrey as she could not wait to call me with the great news and she was crying tears of joy. It had me choked up as Justin continues to defy all odds and persevere. I spoke with Justin about the game and he was so excited. He really felt great about himself. His team has such unbelievable players and coaches. He said to me "Dad I am not mad at the coaches for not playing me, I am mad at myself for not giving them a reason to play me". I was blown away by his comment. He has such a different perspective on life than most because of his diagnosis. He has a quote on his cell phone from Michael Jordan that stays on his home screen that basically says never give up in life. He is truly inspirational. The other day I was upset about something and he came to me and said "dad live life to the fullest". Again he blew me away with his wisdom and insight. As discussed in my previous blog his radiologist and now I found out his neuro-oncologist will be taking his case to their conference this month to discuss with some other brilliant colleagues. We are so lucky to have the people at Mass General on our team. We will have our Justins Quest team set up for the DC Race for Hope in May and Justin will be going to San Diego in the Fall to do an event called "Over the Edge" he will propel off a very tall building to raise money and awareness for brain tumors. Lastly and I must say we are beaming with joy, Justin made Honor Roll for the first time at his high school, Bullis. Thanks again for all your love and support!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

To post a comment, please select an online identity from the "Comment As" drop-down list below. Alternatively, select "Anonymous" to make an anonymous post.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home